Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

First week of teaching

I'll make it short and sweet. My last week was spent preparing lesson plans. I'm OK with the lessons I gotta teach but they said I have a after school program where I teach 1st and 2nd grade elementary kids who don't speak a lick of English. I also don't have my co teachers there and I have to head up the class. Dang, this is gonna be hard. But my first day of lessons was today and it went by very well. The students were amazed and mesmerized by all the pictures of Oregon and Portland. I showed them a short YouTube video about Portland and some pictures about Oregon, such as Crater Lake. They loved it. Next week I will assign them English names and have them to an icebreaker. Hope it goes well! I'll write more shortly.

-Jeff

PS. Suppose to snow here in Daegu on Thursday. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment